2014年5月16日 星期五

Can Voluntourism Really Help Poor People?


     Recently, I read an article on the internet that talks about spurious kindness of voluntourism. The author mention that voluntourism somewhat transforms into a way for affluent people to sightsee the poop residents in developing countries. It suddenly occurred to me about my experience of voluntourism in Nepal. Before the trip, I had expected the sophisticated training and lots of discussion of how to really ell the people there; however, I had only met one time with my partners. Though I had a really good time there teaching children there and made lots of Nepali friends, I felt that the whole voluntourism project was lack of consistency. That is to say, we got no chance to meet the former group who had visited there and discussed with them about how to improve the process. Moreover, we couldn't exert experience from them. I think it will be better to keep people who had been to the same place in contact and make sure the later people can reach them to get first-hand information. I hope I can get the contact information of later team, passing my experience and improving the whole project.

沒有留言:

張貼留言